PICK YOUR OWN PRODUCE!
Check the OrchardBlog for the latest information and updated picking status. Conditions can change daily!
Our Farm Market is open all Year. Picking is only available May through October as each crop ripens.
Pick your own provides a fun experience! Picking your own provides the freshest, healthiest choice and can provide great savings. The more you pick, the lower the price we offer.
Once picking season begins, the fields are open everyday, no appointment necessary:
-The last shuttle leaves the Farm Market 1 hour before store closing. The fields close 30 minutes before the Farm Market Closes.
Farm Market Hours (through May 20th)
Thurs 8am - 6pm
Friday- Donut Day 7am - 6pm
Saturday & Sunday 8am - 5pm
Please note...When widespread rain events occur, we may delay our opening time or close early. Please call 610-269-3494 to confirm during these times.
Insiders tip: Arriving earlier in the day provides customers with the best picking conditions and selections.
•Upon arrival please come into the Farm Market to prepay for fruit and picking containers (type of container depends on the crop). We will ask you how many adults and how many children ages 2-10 are in your group. We will use this information to give you the appropriate number of tokens and meet minimum purchase requirements. Let us know if you have more than 15 people in your group so we can make special arrangements for you.
•mini basket holds about 3 lbs of berries
•regular basket holds about 6 lbs of berries
•1/2 bushel bag hold about 21 lbs of apples
•1/2 peck bag holds about 7 lbs of apples
•Everyone rides the shuttle to the fields.
•Read and follow instructions on our signs.
•Pick in designated areas only.
•Check in with our Field Supervisor. You will be directed to the best picking area. You may purchase more fruit and containers from our Field Supervisor.
•After picking please give your pickers permit to our Field Supervisor or Shuttle Driver.
• There are Hazards on the farm. Some example ticks, ivy, holes and more- • PICK at Your Own Risk
• We strongly recommend washing hands and fruit before eating the fruit.
• Sampling should be kept to a minimum. Please pay for everything you have picked.
• No Pets- Due to Federal Food Safety Regulations, pets are not allowed in the orchard. Thank you for understanding and helping us keep in compliance with these regulations.
We offer berry picking baskets to minimize damage to fruit and make picking easier. We offer 2 different size containers. The price of each container will be determined by the crop in season. The smaller ‘Mini Basket’ is our "minimum picking requirement" for a single person. The ‘Regular Picking Basket ‘ is the minimum requirement for groups of 3 or more. Volume discounts are available with either size.
We do not weigh the baskets. They are sold on an ‘each’ basis and you can put as much or as little as you care to in the basket.
Entrance to Farm and all Picking at Your Own Risk.
My Group assumes all risk for entering the Orchard: there are holes, poison ivy, bees, and other farm hazards. Highland Orchards is private property. Entrance to the farm is my agreement to follow the rules.
1. Check in at Farm Market before heading to the field.
2. Prepay for picking container(s) at posted price. Only use prepaid container(s)
3. Pick only in areas marked “Pick Here”
4. Children must be supervised.
5. If you have a good time- tell you friends! If you did not - please tell us!
6. No Pets